top of page
refuge/hut 'Christakis' - altitude of 2450m.
It is possible to approach the high peaks of the magical Olympus from the West side with a 4x4 vehicle up to an altitude of 2450m. The Eastern side, which is the most popular, has many refuges with many climbers.
We can pick you up from where you live in the surrounding area for a one day tour or for a two day tour.
- In the one day Tour it is possible to hike to the nearby peaks 'Skolio' and 'Skala' or even climb to the summit of Mytika
- As an initial plan, after we arrive with a 4x4 vehicle at the location 'Christakis' 2,450m, where there is a shelter/hut without offering services, it is considered an emergency shelter and is offered for sleeping, fireplace, food (we will arrange this,water, sandwiches, snacks, fruit, fireplace heating,etc.,)
Tour (easy 2~3 hours) can be done in the surrounding area on the first day, while on the second with a hike of about 2 hours easy - we will reach another shelter "Ag.Antonis" (without offering services) located at the top of 'Agios Antonios 2,800m' where lunch can be provided
- Also from this Western side of Olympus it can be combined with a tour of three or four days with paths that connect with the Eastern side where there are many organized and well-functioning shelters and so the return is made to Litochoro which is on the opposite side from where the tour will have started quite close to the Aegean coast.
- this tour is by consultation to determine the cost depending on the size of the options & the requirements of the group.
- road condition Rural/mountain dirt road with gravel and 4x4 vehicle only
bottom of page